Asia Pacific Future of Medicine and Medical Education Symposium
Time & Location
About the Event
Given the current advances and trajectory of medical innovations, this symposium will focus on how to teach and train the next generation of medical students and clinical workforce on the core skills needed to practice medicine effectively and efficiently. This multidisciplinary conference will help health leaders from multiple sectors and professions ignite creative thinking around the future of medicine and medical education. The symposium will ignite creative thinking and activate partnerships to drive advancements in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Koo Foundation Sun Yat-Sen Cancer Center is hosting this two-day symposium with support from the China Medical Board (started in 1914 as the second major program of the Rockefeller Foundation to support China and other Asian nations) and the Andrew T. Huang Medical Education Promotion Fund. We have dynamic speakers delivering keynotes, panel discussions, and breakout sessions, including the following:
- Ezekiel Emanuel, MD, PhD Special Advisor for Health Policy under President Obama Vice Provost for Global Initiatives, Chair of the Department of Medical Ethics and Health Policy University of Pennsylvania
- Robert Brook, MD, ScD Former Vice President and Director of RAND Health, Professor Emeritus of Medicine and Health Services, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Clay Johnston, MD, PhD Dean of Dell Medical School, Vice President for Medical Affairs, University of Texas at Austin
- Allan Kirk, MD, PhD David C. Sabiston, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery Chairman, Duke University School of Medicine
This event looks to strengthen education & training of the healthcare workforce, increase partnerships across the Asia-Pacific region, explore ways to enhance the quality of medical education, and advance training to meet the needs of changing demographics and a new generation of healthcare workers. I invite you to join me and many of your peers at this symposium to lend your voice. I hope you will join us next spring in Taipei, Taiwan. You can register and find out more details about the conference at www.asiamedfuture.org.
- General AdmissionNT$0NT$00NT$0